Calibrating Your Conscience
Main Point: The Truth of the Gospel Heals a Hurting Heart and Cures a Condemning Conscience
The conscience acts as an internal moral compass.
God Uses Biblical Truths to…
(1) Reassure us we belong to Him. (18-19)
(2) Renew in us that God is greater than our guilt. (20)
(3) Reinforce confidence that God answers prayers. (21–22)
(4) Require us to obey His commandment to believe in God and to love others. (23)
(5) Remind us that God abides in us by the Holy Spirit. (24)
Application: What is the difference between sinning against your conscience and calibrating your conscience?